When you’re shopping for small business copiers and looking for the right fit for your workplace, it can be difficult to know which copier to settle on. Here are four ways you can narrow down your choices and find the best printer.
- Is it multipurpose? Many small business copiers need to fit into smaller offices, so it helps if they can perform multiple functions. Look for small office copiers that also have printing and scanning abilities. All-in-one machines are a great way to get the most out of your investment. However, if it’s going to cost you significantly more to get a multi-use copier and you won’t use the other functions, consider buying an ordinary copier. You can find refurbished copiers for much cheaper if you only need a basic machine.
- Decide whether you want to look at small business copiers that print in black and white or color. If you choose a copier that prints in color, you’ll likely end up spending more on ink and toner cartridges over time. However, if you’re going to need to make color copies, consider an inkjet digital copier. They tend to be much cheaper than laser copiers.
- Take size into consideration. Many offices don’t have a lot of room for big machines, but sometimes bigger machines are the only ones that can handle high workloads. You should also consider whether or not you need flatbed copying for larger items like books, instead of just a sheet feeder. Your copier should be able to hold at least 250 sheets to work at a business level.
- Look for energy efficiency. Spending less on utilities is a great way for small businesses to save money, and the right copier will help you do that. Energy efficient copiers are often cheaper in the long run and help the environment.
- Check for reliability and a good warranty. Make sure you read plenty of copier reviews before you settle on one for good. You want a copier that you won’t have to replace in a few years. You should also make sure that the warranty will cover the amount of time you may need service. Consider an extended warranty if you’re really worried about covering major repair costs out of pocket.
Consider each of these factors and you’re sure to find the copier that’s right for your business needs!