Super-wide color gamut:
Easily create consistent, accurate proofs or exceptional photographs and fine art images thanks to one of the widest color gamut on the market. Epson’s 11-colour Ultra Chrome HDR inks and Advanced-TFP print head give a professional finish every time, and are identical to the inks and technologies used in Epson’s larger format production printers up to 44 inches. (11.8 cm).
Accurate remote proofing:
Produce high-quality remote proofs with the Epson Stylus Pro 4900’s automatic color certification and calibration. The optional inline Spectro Proofer ensures consistent, repeatable color accuracy when using different media, rapidly measuring control strips and color charts when creating ICC profiles and print verification results.
Work faster with a production speed of 46m2/hour and minimal maintenance requirements. The high capacity front-loading cassette makes inserting paper easy, and automated paper changing means no time is wasted switching between cut sheet and roll paper. The printer also switches automatically between photo and matte black inks, with both installed to avoid stopping the print run. All inks come in high capacity cartridges for less frequent changes and better value.
Print on a wide range of media up to 1.5mm thick, including thick photo or presentation matte board, canvas and fine art paper. Choose from a variety of paper paths; cassette, top and front manual board feed or roll.
ENERGY STAR qualified power efficiency helps reduce energy bills and environmental impact.
Advanced Micro Piezo TFP print head with ink repelling coating technology
10-channel, drop-on-demand, ink jet print head
11-cartrides configured as: O, G, C, LC, VM, VLM, Y, LK, LLK, PK or MK
Auto Head Alignment and Cleaning technology
Minimum Ink Droplet Size:
Smallest droplet size 3.5 pico liters
Variable Droplet Technology can produce up to three different droplet sizes per print line.
Maximum Print Resolution:
2880 x 1440 dpi; 1440 x 1440 dpi; 1440 x 720 dpi;720 x 720 dpi; 720 x 360 dpi; Draft 360 dpi
720 x 720 dpi; 720 x 360 dpi; Draft 360 dpi
Maximum Printable Area:
Single roll up to 17" width
8" x 10" prints from 0:59 sec to 2:26; Normal is 1:28
11"x 14" prints from 1:42 to 4:04; Normal is 2:31
16"x 20" prints from 2:46 to 6:48; Normal is 4:11
Color and Monochrome printer 360 nozzles x10.
Replacement Ink Cartridges:
Photo Black T653100
Light Black T653700
Vivid Light Magenta T653600
Light Cyan T653500
Light Black T653900
Fade Resistance / Print Longevity:
Color: Up to 200 years.
Black-and-White: Up to 400 years.
Mac: Leopard 10.5, or higher (16-bit)
Windows: XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit)
45 dB (A)
34"(W) x 16"(H) x 30"(D)
Epson UltraChrome® HDR Ink Technology
- Unique High Dynamic Range (HDR) pigments for an extremely wide colour gamut
- Ten-colour printing system including all-new Orange and Green inks
- Certified by PANTONE® to cover 98% of the Formula Guide Solid Coated*
- Designed to work with Epson AccuPhoto HDR screening technology
- Professional print permanence ratings
- Outstanding short-term colour stability for mission-critical proofing applications
- Improved Microcrystal Encapsulation™ Technology for reduced gloss differential
- Exceptional black density up to 2.6 with an L* value ~3.0.
- One-inch wide high-performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel
- Auto-sharing black ink channel technology
- Low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
- Ink repelling coating for dramatically reduced nozzle clogging
- Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality
- Epson AccuPhoto™ HDR Screening Technology
- Advanced screening algorithm resulting in prints with superior colour and clarity
- Maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi for incredibly sharp text and line art
- Extremely accurate fine blends and photographic transitions
- Extremely accurate highlight-to-shadow details
- No visible photographic graininess due to the printing process*
- Ensures consistent colour balance regardless of the viewing light source
- When combined with the precise dot placement accuracy of the Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head, overall photographic print quality is dramatically improved.